Friday, July 29, 2011

My Head is a Hat Rack

I remember the days back when I was just a writer. I could sit in Starbucks clacking away for hours, or until my rear was numb from the hard wood seats.

Now I'm nearing the moment when I will publish my first ebook. What I didn't know when I started this was how many hats I'd have to wear. Being a writer isn't enough; not by a long country mile. Other hats I'm wearing is marketer, cover designer, social networker, publicist, accountant etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Yikes!



I'm looking at more learning curves than a roller-coaster from Hell. Intimidating? Yeah, a little. But, others have done it before me and lived to tell the tail. So sure, I can do this. The thing is, I'm so busy learning about everything it leaves little time for writing. 


Luckily I've made some great connections via Twitter and people are amazingly generous with their knowledge. That's been a great help and I hope to return the favor to others once I know what the heck I'm doing. 


As a start I'd like to recommend you swing by the site run by Shelly Hitz called Self Publishing Coach. She's got a monster article listing 200+ Free Book Marketing and Author Tools. Hope you find some useful stuff there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment