Thursday, February 2, 2012

Taking the 1st step for a second time

With the first book out and being moon eyed over seeing the cover advertised on Amazon and Barnes & Nobel my head began telling me I need to get going on the second book of the series.


I just got done. Don't I get any rest? In a word, 'No'.



While I'm trying to work, sleep, or watch TV my imagination, on its own, would start playing out plot points, inventing new characters, scenes and dialogue. It's like having an obnoxious noisy neighbor living above you. Everything they do is loud and comes through your ceiling. It pervades your thoughts, sleep, everything.

I couldn't ignore it. I'm a writer. It's what I love. That's not to say it isn't work and at times damn hard work. And I began. Instead of banging the broom handle on my noisy neighbor I joined in and unleashed my imagination.

Now I have a list of scenes that I'm weaving together and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with how it's going. There's a while to go before there's enough to make a book out of it. I haven't decided what to do with some characters and, as always, the ending is up in the air. But, that's okay. I have plenty of wiggle room to figure how that'll play out.

Now, you'll have to excuse me. My imagination is pawing at the door anxiously wanting to get out and run wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment